N E W S L E T T E R
Enter your email address to have the
TSL newsletter delivered straight to your inbox
Wednesday, 22 March 2017
So. It's the week before Mother’s Day, and you haven't got her anything, have you, you little chancer. No judgement here: we, too, lament the ever-changing date and TBH really thought it was last weekend, until, well, it wasn't... But don't fret, because we've got your back. Here's our top ten Mother’s Day gifts. The card's all on you, though. You're welcome…
1. EatFirst Mother’s Day Brunch - The genius of this is you can pass it off as hours of kitchen-bound slaving. An Eat First courier will arrive at her door, armed with a chef prepared three-course brunch, plus flowers. Great if previous attempts at culinary magic have yielded less-than-thoughtful results.
2. Tea-Tox Afternoon Tea at Browns - A healthy take on the original decadence. Because the end of March is far too close to summer.
3. Jo Malone - A brand that needs little justification for making the list. If you spend over £120 you get a little gift for you, too. One for you, one for me.
4. Biscuiteers - A little pre-thought is needed here, since you can't get on-the-day delivery, but it's worth it for the cute-as-hell iced biscuits. Note: you probably won't get to eat them with her. They're far too pretty for that. Take some back-up Hobnobs for tea.
5. Wildabout Flower bouquet workshop, £60 pp, Old Spitalfields Market - Floristry experts will help you prune your way to a blooming bouquet. Or understated posy, whatever floats your boat. And it's on actual Mother's Day. 11am. Set three alarms.
6. Sweat By BXR – Ok, it's a stretch but if mum's super-active, book two spots at the new 'it' gym on Chiltern Street and burn together. The Ivy is just around the corner for afterwards, too. Just saying.
7. Clipper Tea Sublime Selection - One for tea lovers (obviously). 60 envelopes of popular infusions like Happy Mondays and Snore & Peace, and it's all in a beautiful pink box. Which - if your mum is an organisational wizard like mine - will end up being a present unto itself.
8. Aspinal - Choose anything for mum (we love the heart keychain, £45) and use the code MOTHER17 to get her initials stamped for free.
9. For the mother of all mothers - a candle that says exactly that. Candelle & Co, thanks for the laughs. (www.notonthehighstreet.co.uk),
10. Flowers from Bloom & Wild - She might see this one coming, but old faithfuls are called just that for a reason. Bloom & Wild deliver in handily, letter-box-sized packages, which will be pleasing for even the most practical of mothers.